Intellectual property (IP) laws govern the protection of your creative work such as designs, logo’s, symbols, names, literary, artistic work and images. Specifically, IP covers four areas:
- Design Rights
IP laws protect intangible assets such as creative ideas in the same way personal property and assets are protected by the law. Our lawyers make sure that legal rights of your created works, designs and ideas are protected and upheld so that you are able to reap financial benefits and recognition from your hard work.
IP protection is a safe guard against copy and misappropriation by others allowing people and organisations to develop exciting technologies and life changing innovations that boost the economy and improve the lives of others.
Essentially, protecting your intellectual property achieves the following:
- Protection of lucrative ideas
- Protect business growth by securing the protection of unique and disruptive ideas
Legal Bridge’s expertise covers the following areas of intellectual property protection:
- Anti-counterfeiting: Preventing your competitors from copying your work.
- Copyright and database rights: Assisting in areas of disputes and litigations, commercial transactions, general clearance and advisory work, intellectual property rights audits and chain of title research.
- Design rights: Protection of creative investments.
- Information protection: Protection of trade secrets and confidential information.
- Patent litigation: Our lawyers possess the necessary skill-set to successfully negotiate all patent litigation cases, large or small.
- Trademarks and brands: We provide a broad range of expertise to protect your brand and trademarks including clearance searches, protection issues, co-ordination and management of trade mark filings and more.
- Domain name law: We provide professional domain dispute advice
Your ideas matter
If you require IP protection, Legal Bridge can connect you to expert IP lawyers who will sit down with you and take you through the steps to take in protecting your ideas and work. They understand that working through the legalities of IP protection can seem like a daunting task, but they are there to support and guide you every step of the way to make sure your creative works remain protected from malicious use.